The Mysterious Manifestation


OK, this is going to sound strange. In fact, it is strange after all.

Well, before entering the topic, I think I had better introduce myself first, in case if there is any new visitor--I am Flaming Fox, not the little creature that rolls in a heap of leaves, nor the burning fur that warms up the winter air. I am just an ordinary person who dreams a lot and believes that I can achieve something by writing.

Yes, I am writing in English. This is probably because I have read Dan Brown’s The Da Vinci Code and The Lost Symbol recently. Besides, I want to sharpen my English. Don’t worry, I will keep Chinese and English balanced on this blog.

The night was already late. I was lying on my comfortable bed in a dark, cold room, trying to focus on a symbol--a circumpunct. I did that to tune my mind to a deeply focused state, and the symbol was just randomly chosen.

Out of the blue, my mom slammed her bedroom door so loudly that I jumped. Immediately after that, the air-conditioner remote control that was placed in its unstable holder fell to the ground, making a deafening bang. The point is, between these two timeframes, something happened.

My eyelids were closed at that moment. Absolute blackness. However, at that moment after the slam and before the bang, I saw something--a picture, a black-and-white checker, a blinding flash of light. I wasn’t sure how many grid there was, maybe five-by-five or six-by-six, but it’s crystal clear that those white squares shimmered brightly like the Sirius. The time interval from its manifestation to its disappearance was likely to be less than one second.

I have no idea what this means. I was still in shock when I opened my eyes, recalling what I had seen. Why did my mind show me this mysterious picture when my high concentration was interrupted by a shock?

Can anyone decipher it for me? Is there any reasonable scientific explanation?

What I saw . . . is that shock?

That’s all I want to say. Please forgive me if there is any grammar mistake or misused vocabulary. Hope you enjoy reading it!

评论

此博客中的热门博文

第一篇:谈梦

Soddgrwth Evenfall